Water Effect – Two-component epoxy systemwith high performance for film application (1mm) and castings up to 2cm thickness. Besides the high transparency (water effect) and the self-levelling properties, it guarantees a good mechanical seal for reinforcement and applications with carbon fibre. The product is characterised by a low viscosity that reduces the presence of air bubbles after hardening and facilitates the impregnation of carbon fibre.
The excellent resistance to environmental humidity guarantees a glossy and transparent surface. The product is compatible with the main colouring pigments and mica.
Transparent Epoxy resin is a two-component product based on epoxy resins and relative amino hardener. The main features of this product are:
excellent mechanical strength,
good chemical resistance,
high impregnation and reinforcement of technical fabrics,
long work ability,
glossy and self-levelling surface.
The product can be coloured with any epoxy dye (both in paste and powder) in a percentage ranging from 0.1% to 2.0%). These characteristics make the transparent epoxy resin ideal for the following applications:
Outdoor protective coatings;
Impregnation of technical fabrics (fiberglass, carbon fiber, Kevlar).
Pot-life (150 gr to 30 C): 1h20m ′,Catalysis complete after 24h,
How to use. Mixing ratio based on weight – 100:60.
For best results, measure two components based on weight using a scale within 5% of the recommended mixing ratio.
• Always mix the product thoroughly for at least 2 minutes, scraping all surfaces in the container to ensure complete mixing.
• Try to use the product in a temperature-controlled environment within the optimal product specifications.
• Avoid high humidity or cold ambient temperatures.
• For optimum bonding performance, make sure the surface is dry and free of dirt, debris and oils. Mechanical preparation the sanding surface is highly recommended.
• Perform small preliminary tests to fully understand the polymerisation characteristics of the resins in your work environment and compatibility of the resins with other materials.